The Temporary Graduate visa is available for applicants who have completed their studies in Australia and wish to stay to work, live or study in Australia temporarily. You can only hold this visa once as a primary applicant.
This visa is available under two streams.
The two streams are as follows:
1. Graduate Work stream: If you have completed an eligible qualification that relate to the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List (‘MLTSSL’). You are required to obtain a positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation and have attained an overall IELTS score of 6 with a minimum score of 5 across all four components (speaking, reading, listening and writing). This visa is granted for 18 months.
2. Post Study Work stream: If you have completed higher education studies and your first student visa was granted on or after 5 November 2011. You must have competent English. This visa can be granted up to four years depending on your qualification.
In addition to the above, you must satisfy the following criteria:
1. are younger than 50 years of age;
2. are in Australia;
3. hold an eligible visa (student visa or bridging visa);
4. meet the two-year Australian study requirement in the past 6 months; and
5. Satisfy the health and character criteria.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the Temporary Graduate visa further.